Sabtu, 1 Oktober 2011

Deicide -To Hell With God


The Florida based death metal band, Deicide, started in 1987 with Glen Benton and Steve Asheim. Both of them have been in the band for over two decades, releasing nine full-lengths. And this is number ten: To Hell With God. With a band like this, having this much material, you know what you can expect from a new album. Brutal and blasphemous music full with hatred. First of all, looking at the atwork, I must say I like this one. Skeletons reaching for a messiah to drag him to hell. Makes sense with the title and it really looks dark en hellish. When I just listened to it, it surprised me, in a good way. I had lower expectations to be honest, because I wasn’t a big fan of the previous albums. Especially the solos are an improvement to me. They fit better in the songs now. The songs in general are very interesting. Before you know it, you have been listening to the complete album. Ready to start all over again. When I finished it for the first time, I immediately started again from the beginning. The chorus of the first track, which is also the title-track, is one of my favorites of the album. Servant of the Enemy gets the credits for being the song with the most interesting guitar riffs. Mostly because of the intro riff, which is pretty atmospheric. My conclusion is that Deicide is back in bussiness to me, personally. Previous releases have been accepted with a lot of positives responses so I can imagine this would have even better one, even though I didn’t really like the previous ones. To Hell With God is pretty good and it will be played some more times over here.

Rating: 8/10

Tracklist: 1. To Hell With God (4:20) 2. Save Your (3:32) 3. Witness of Death (3:05) 4. Conviction (3:15) 5. Empowered by Blasphemy (3:16) 6. Angels of Hell (3:12) 7. Hang In Agony Until You’re Dead (3:59) 8. Servant of the Enemy (3:17) 9. Into the Darkness You Go (3:32) 10. How Can You Call Yourself a God (4:15)

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan